Two-layer parquets are intended for residential premises. It is not recommended to use them in areas exposed to water, such as bathrooms, terraces, etc. The parquets may be arranged in any pattern. Below you may find the information on how to lay our parquet on a floor without under floor heating system.
Some useful tips:
1. After purchasing, the parquet must be kept in original package in a room with constant temperature (18-22˚C) and humidity (40-60%).
2. It is recommended to put packages with the parquet in the room where it is to be fitted 24-48 hours prior to fitting.
3. Packages should only be unpacked immediately before fitting.
4. Before fitting starts, check the subfloor humidity with a special measuring equipment. The humidity value for the concrete should not be more than 2% CM – we recommend that you obtain the lowest values possible. The subfloor must be dry, clean and primed.
5. Parquets may be glued to concrete surfaces, chipboard or OSB boards.
6. Subfloor level differences must not exceed 2 mm for 1 m. It is recommended to fit the parquet perpendicularly to the direction of sunrays. Depending on a selected pattern, start the fitting from a wall, threshold, corner of central point of the room.
1. Insert the wedges between walls and woodblocks, leaving expansion gap of up to 10 mm. It is recommended to use highly-elastic polyurethane glues as it prevents cracking sounds, particularly audible at night.
2. Apply a 50-cm wide layer of glue using a properly toothed float and fit the parquet in the chosen pattern. The amount of glue required depends on the levelling and the quality of the subfloor.
3. Glue the boards on their entire surface, pressing them to the subfloor. Do not glue tongues and grooves together. It is recommended to fit the board to the protruding tongue as it makes matching of the boards easier and reduces the time required for fitting. Press each subsequent woodblock carefully to the previous one to eliminate gaps.
Cut the woodblocks as needed with a sharp, fine-toothed, hand or electric saw. Pay particular attention to the precision of cutting in exposed places, e.g. thresholds.
4. Once the floor fitting is finished, remove distancing wedges and fix skirting boards. Sweep and vacuum-clean the floor, use damp cloth to clean dirty spots. Apply a sealing agent on the entire floor surface to seal the micro-cracks between the woodblocks and to prevent moisture from penetrating the wood. Then polish the entire surface..
The above tips and information are based on our expert knowledge and we hope they will prove useful. You may obtain detailed information from a qualified parquet fitter or a fitting team. The guidelines have been prepared on the basis of our broad experience and our best knowledge. They are addressed to our customers to serve as an assistance. They do not contain information deemed as generally known and adopted by expert fitters.
The guidelines are not legally binding and thus may not be considered as the grounds for any civil liability claims or guarantee claims despite being adhered to or followed by customers.